Park & Trail Partnership Program
NOTE: THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE 2016-2017 GRANTING PERIOD HAS PASSED. INFORMATION ON THE NEXT GRANT CYCLE WILL BE posted ON THIS PAGE IN SUMMER 2016.
2016-17 Park and Trail Partnership Program Grant Awardees were announced by Governor Cuomo on March 9, 2016. See the full press release from Governor Cuomo.
Parks & Trails New York (PTNY) and the NYS Office of Parks, Preservation and Historic Preservation (OPRHP), with support from Governor Cuomo and the NYS Legislature, are pleased to announce the first round of competitive grants through the NYS Park and Trail Partnership Program. This program is open to Friends organizations that support New York State parks, trails and state historic sites and is administered by PTNY, in partnership with OPRHP.
The Park and Trail Partnership Program is a $500,000 capacity-building matching grants program funded through the NYS Environmental Protection Fund. The program is designed to:
- Enhance the preservation, stewardship, interpretation, maintenance and promotion of New York State parks, trails and state historic sites.
- Increase the sustainability, effectiveness, productivity, and volunteer and fundraising capabilities of not-for-profit organizations that promote, maintain, and support New York State parks, trails and state historic sites.
- Promote the tourism and economic development benefits of outdoor recreation through the growth and expansion of a connected statewide network of parks, trails and greenways.
If you are interested in reviewing materials in anticipation of next year's application process, you can:
- See the Request for Applications
- Review the eligibility criteria
- Read Frequently Asked Questions
- Download template documents for applicants, including budget worksheets (for use when completing final reports)
- Review the evaluation criteria
- Learn how to document your grant deliverables (for use when completing final reports)
Start Your Application
To begin your application, register/log into the NYS Park and Trail Partnership Program online application and reporting system.
If you have forgotten your password or need help using the system, please contact Parks & Trails New York at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-434-1583.
Note: You will need to use the entire link, jumbled letters/numbers and all, in order to access the grant application page. If you shorten the link, an error message will occur.
Parks & Trails New York thanks the Land Trust Alliance, which administers the NYS Conservation Partnership Program, for its invaluable experience and guidance in developing the NYS Park and Trail Partnership Program.